Monday, August 30, 2010

Emilie Sue....

....started kindergarten today. Oh my goodness. I really can't believe this. It was so weird to have just 2 kids to load in the van after we dropped her off. She was very brave and so excited.
I'm not sure which made me more sad, watching Emilie go off to school or watching Lydie say goodbye to her best friend. Lydie adores her sister and has never really done anything without her. They went to preschool together, they play together, they go to birthday parties together, they even shower together. Lydie is feeling a little lost today! I know it will be good for both of them but I can't help but think about how a chapter of their lives is ending.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Sue said...

I seriously can't believe it! She is so cute and grown up... and oh little Lydie! It will be good for her, but so sad that things have to change.

Brittney said...

AAH, cannot believe we have Kindergarteners!!! Emilies looks so cute. Sweet Lydie, I bet ther first week will be hard but she will love some extra special time with you!!;)

Also, Eric is so handsome in that below post and looks so grown up!

lindsay said...

So sweet! I just can't believe little Emilie is in Kindergarten already. So grown up!
And i love that those two are joined at the hip. So cute. :)

Shay said...

I was wondering if Lydia was going to miss her sister. I remember that it was hard for my brother when I went to school. That is so fun that Emilie is in kindergarten.

Andrea said...

Aw! That makes me sad. I remember when we moved to Utah I would say I needed to see the nurse and I would walk by Melissa's kindergarten class to make sure she was okay. I was the one who wasn't okay!

I love sisters.

I'm glad they have each other and I can't believe how much your darlings have grown.

Misty said...

They are both so cute! Emilie looks like she is bursting at the seams with excitement! Abbie is jealous that she got to start two days before her!

Carrie said...

I remember feeling the same way when Aubrey went off to K...Jane really missed her! I really loved those two years I had to just have Jane home, it was nice to have her to myself. Aubs and Jane are in JHigh together this year! I am so glad they have eachother but so sad how big they are!

Holly said...

That made me so sad, just to read it. Lydie and Emilie are so sweet and cute together. I'm sad for them.

Emily said...

Oh, those girls are so cute. That makes me sad that they will be apart from each other. I love how strong their bond is to each other. Such beautiful girls!!!

Matt, Arien, Pete and Piper said...

I love that they are best friends. That is so cute!! Sisters are awesome.