Tuesday, April 17, 2012

decorating on a shoestring (literally!)

What do you do when you move across the world and leave all of your decorations behind?  Find yourself a piece of string (I just happened to have some of this lovely twine that my mom gave me before we left) and a colorful magazine or catalog along with some scotch tape or glue.  Make yourself a diamond shaped template.  Place your template onto the brightly colored areas of the magazine pages and trace & cut.  Fold the diamonds in half along the string and hang in a happy spot!
 Charlie and I made this one day when I really needed to do something creative and was especially tired of the white, bare walls everywhere! This door leads from the kitchen to the entry-way. I see it every day and so this little banner was just the thing to brighten it up! :) 


p.s. Can I just say thank goodness for IKEA?!  That clock (among many other things) is an affordable IKEA find. :)


3 comments:

Sue said...

very fun! love it:)

SL&G said...

very cute! Very Amie! :)

Erin said...

Cute! It's always fun to brighten things up without having to spend money! :)