Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Getting it




Today I had one of those moments when you realize that something is getting through to your children, even though it doesn't seem like it. I was in the kitchen making bread and I looked over at Lydie who was propped up on some pillows on the couch "reading" the scriptures. She stayed there for about 10 minutes (which is longer than she will sit when I am reading them to her). Of all the books in the house she could choose from, I have no idea what held her interest on the those picture-less pages, but it was really cute! :)
Lydie qui lit les ecritures...

8 comments:

Andrea said...

That's so sweet!

Sue said...

Priceless. You are doing a great job:)

Emily said...

That is the cutest thing. I love the pictures and how interested she looks.

Andrea said...

GUESS WHAT! I want to tell you that she is turning the pages right! And Okay, this week we have really focused on this exact thing at school I'm almost sick of my own voice..."top right hand corner, slide your fingers in and turn".

;P

Amie said...

Wow. So, maybe I really did do something right. I'll have to make sure Eric knows that too!:) Thank you, Mrs. Chapman!

lindsay said...

cuuuuuuuuuute.

Lauri said...

That really is priceless! You better keep those pictures so you can show them to her later on in life, when she isn't so enthusiastic about reading the scriptures.

Gilbert Family said...

it's so funny how they love to read scriptures even when they are so little! We got Kyleigh a set of scriptures for her birthday in July and that was her favorite present!