Friday, June 5, 2009

the writing on the wall

Our poor children have lived with boring un-decorated bedrooms their entire lives. Let's just say their mother is very picky and it took me a while to decide what direction I wanted to go. Anyway, with the help of my talented sister, we finally began the process this week! These pictures are from the boys room. We patched and painted the whole room this great light blue color and then added the trees on one section of the wall with chalkboard paint. I think the girls will be inviting themselves to play in the boys room quite often now! Both Eric and I are really happy about how it turned out. Now if we could decide on bed linens!

p.s. pictures of the very girlie girls room to follow...
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Sue said...

LOVE it!!! Charlie will too:)

Andrea said...

way cool

lindsay said...

AH! They look SO good. I am unbelievably happy about these rooms. We are lovely painters.

Misty said...

I love it! Can't wait to see your girls room!

Zandra said...

How fun! Love the blue. I've always wanted to use chalkboard paint. If you find some cute boy bed linens, let me know- I can't find any either!

Croslands said...

Oh it's definitely adorable. I can't wait to see the girls rooms. No one out here knows you, I can just copy and they'll think that I'm terribly creative. Get to work to give me all the great ideas.

Brittney said...

Chalkboard paint, I have never even heard of such a thing.... and it sounds AWESOME!!!!!! I love the idea!

Devin Ann said...

Way to go! It looks super cute, chalkboard paint is such a fun idea. Can't wait to see the girls room!

Lytles said...

Very cute! We had a chalkboard wall in our last house and our kids loved it!

Claire Mercado-Obias said...

What a cool idea!