Thursday, December 3, 2009

counting down


tree decorations



our baby sock advent. Each one has a scripture to read (thanks, Karen!) and some have an activity (for example, drink homemade hot chocolate or make Christmas cookies and take them to a friend). *I got the socks at Target in the dollar section.
The candle that we burn each evening as we read the scripture that is found on the little paper in the sock. My neighbor made this for us and it made me so happy because our bishop used to do this for us when I was a teenager and I loved it! Thanks again, Karen!





Santa Advent. I couldn't get a good picture of the whole thing but Santa makes his way down to the chimney. We had this in my home as a child and it my mom handed it down to me.
The kids love it!
Don't you just love the anticipation of Christmas. It's so magical!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

lindsay said...

Oooh, lovely photography!

your decorations are adorable. i can't wait to see them in person :)

Sue said...

Oh so magical! love it!

Sandy said...

Darling decorations! I'll have to come see it all sometime!

Shay said...

What cute countdown ideas! I would love to get those scriptures and activities from you.

Karen said...

We love having the candle too. It is so nice to hear stories of Christ at this time of year.

I'm hoping to get my Christmas up this week. I know, I know...I'm lame-o late.

Lytles said...

Thanks for posting the advent socks! They turned out great! I want to do that next year for sure! Fun traditions!