Thursday, February 3, 2011

The BIG birthday...

How we got to this point I'm not exactly sure. But, we're here. Our buddy boy is 8 years old. He was invited to Cub Scouts yesterday (one day early!) and I just couldn't believe it! How can I have a Cub Scout? My brother is a Cub Scout, not my son! Oh goodness.


Things we love about Eric:
his creativity
his tender heart
his sense of humor (and his great laugh to go with it!)
his appetite!
the way he treats his siblings (most of the time)
the way Charlie already adores him
the way he adores his Dad


We love you, buddy boy! Happy Birthday!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Sue said...

Seriously?! How DID this happen? We are so proud of our buddy boy! Can't wait for the Baptism on Saturday... Happy Birthday to Eric!!!
Love you.

Emily's Boys said...

Wow! Looking sharp in that new uniform!

Gilbert Family said...

Happy Birthday Eric!

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday Eric! Eight is definently GREAT! Yea for Boy Scouts, Avery can't wait to go also!

Grandpa said...

Happy Birthday Eric. It is grest the you are now in the scouting programs, I still remember my experiences in scouting with much fondness. We too are looking forward to Saturday and your baptism. Love you, GG-pa & GG-ma.

Brittney said...

What a fun and exciting birthday party! I love the pocket shot! Happy Birthday Eric! What an exciting time to celebrate, birthday and baptism!!

Richard said...

I love all those things about Eric, too!

Lytles said...

Eric is looking sharp in his scout uniform! We love his smile. We hope he had a great birthday!