Saturday, February 11, 2012

Ecole Francaise

Eric and Emilie inside their school.  I didn't get many pictures there because it was kind of chaotic that morning.  It has been SO cold here and we cannot go anywhere without hats, scarves and gloves.  

Lydie loved her little school!  This picture is just outside the door to the classroom where 
they hang up their backpacks and coats.  She thought it was so cute. :)


This is the hall inside her little old school.  Her classroom is the first door on the left.  
Everything is bright and happy in her school.  


This is not the bathroom I talked about in the first post.  The other one has little walls between the toilets and the toilets are even smaller than this but this bathroom is closer to Lydie's classroom so I took a picture of this one.  I think it's so funny.  I have no idea where the toilet paper is.  Oh dear.  
I'll have to make sure she goes potty before school. :)


This is the hall from the other direction.  The door at the end is where the kids come in.  


coats all in a row


this is outside Lydie's school.  Isn't that door great?  And those shutters so charming?!


This is outside the big school.  It is so old (I'm going to have to do some research to find out when it was built.) that there are two doors one for boys and one for girls.  When it was first built they kept the boys and girls separate.  Now, they use both doors for everyone but I think it's charming anyway.


This one shows the name of the school a little better.
 How cool that they get to go to school in a building like that!!
The playground is in the back.

They all had a good first couple of days.  Emilie even got to make crepes at school!  Eric helped feed and take care of some crickets and Lydie learned a new song.  They are all so brave and we feel  blessed that they have been able to handle the change so well thus far.

10 comments:

vicky said...

Just wonderful.
Is the bathroom for boys AND girls? What about toilet seats? My children are so modest that I don't think they could ever use bathrooms like that. Your family is brave. :)

Sue said...

so adorable and charming! I love, love, love the shutters, doors and architecture. I'm so glad the kids are adjusting and enjoying school:)

xoxo
love you!

Tricia said...

You have such a great attitude! I would be crying about so many things, including the shutters and the old building! Instead of seeing how charming it is, I would be worried about an earthquake or something knocking it down. And those bathrooms are straight out of my nightmares! Literally! You are amazing!

Annie said...

Oh my gosh Amie! I am in love with France. So beautiful! It looks like a scene from the movies. Glad to hear you are doing good. Hope to see more pics soon.

SL&G said...

I wish we had more buildings with this kind of character here. Awesome. Glad the kids are enjoying it!

Cecily said...

What a beautiful old building! The school does look charming and I love the pictures you took so we can all catch a glimpse of your life in France. :)

Karen said...

I love, love, love the schools. Thanks for the pictures. I love seeing France through them. Your kids look like they are adjusting well. So glad they are happy.

I listed to my favorite phone message from Roland just tonight. I had to resave it - and will continue for the rest of my life! Made me cry just a bit, but so glad to crack a smile every time I can hear it.

Miss you already.

Carrie said...

Looks right out of a story book! We are so glad to hear all is well so far! We look forward to hearing about all the adventures that are to come! We miss you! Give everyone a big hug, especially little Ms Lydie:)

Sandy said...

How perfect is that? (except for the no toilet paper part!) I'm so glad they're adjusting so well... they're such great kids!
Is this the french/english immersion school?

Lytles said...

What a charming school! I love the beautiful colors! Thanks for sharing!