Thursday, September 11, 2008

pencils and paper






This week Eric started getting homework. It's a folder with assignments that he is to work on during the week and return on Friday. So, every day we've had homework time at our house. Emilie and Lydie can't be left out so I give them each their own "assignment". It's pretty cute.
p.s. those last two shots are for Kimber-the humble classroom. Yes, that is cardboard that we used to make walls, but the kids think it's great and it serves it's purpose quite well.
Cette semaine Eric a commencé à avoir des devoirs. C'est un dossier avec des devoirs qu'il doit faire durant la semaine et doit les rendre le vendredi. Alors, chez nous, tous les jours nous prenons le temps pour les devoirs. Emilie et Lydie veulent aussi travailler alors je leur donne chaque leur propre « tâche ». C'est tres mignon. P.S. Les deux derniere photos vous montre la classe que nous avons mis en place dans notre sous-sol.

11 comments:

Croslands said...

Wow, that's fantastic. It looks like a real classroom! I bet that is a fun little room to be in with those sweet kids. Still jealous to be missing out.

Nicole said...

I love your classroom. So cute!!!

Shea said...

That is such a fun little classroom. I bet the kids love it! Kaitlyn has the same thing-a homework folder to return on Fridays. We've had to set up a homework time, too. Hopefully these are good habits that will last for years to come! School is fun!

The Wards said...

Oh yes, fun days of homework. I'm in no hurry for Thayne to grow up, and certainly I don't want "homework" for myself, but this is an exciting time in life!!!

Sue said...

I love the homework pics... simply adorable. Can I just say... I'm glad those homework days are over! The classroom looks great!

Emily said...

Your kids look so cute doing their little assignments...very studious. Homework has been a really good thing for me. It has really forced me to organize my time better. The best part about it is being able to sit and read everyday with Alexa for longer than I normally would. I love our classroom!!!

Tricia said...

That is an awesome looking classroom. I did the same thing for my darkroom. Cardboard is great. If you want it to look a little more consistent, you could always go down to Costco (the shipping area at the very back of the store by the toilet paper) and ask them for a bunch of cardboard pieces. They get rid of thousands of them every week. That's what I did. They are about 5'x 5' squares, or just smaller.

Steve & Julie said...

Okay, I have been spying on your blog for a little while and I can't resist saying something about your classroom. I think it is fantastic and what a good idea for a preschool. I am still trying to decide what I want to do with my Brinton next year because he will be three! Time flies. Anyway, I hope you don't mind me jumping in on your blog.

Holly said...

London wants to be just like Isaac in school, so every day she asks her preschool teacher for homework (usually a math page) so that she can do something while Isaac is also doing his homework. I love your preschool. It's so great! And Lydie looks like she does really well with a pencil.

Cherie said...

oh how marvelous it would be to live right by you and send Maya & Ash over EVERY stinking homework day to do theirs in such a fun, organized spot! Unlike you mother, i'm far from done w/ the homework phase/battle.
Where did you get the fun desks??
xoxoxo
la tia favorita

Amie said...

The desks are from IKEA. Gotta love it.