Thursday, October 9, 2008

this can't be happening... Ce n'est pas possible...

The other evening I was catching up on some laundry while Roland worked on church stuff. I had a FULL load of lights and whites in the dryer. I went to pull it out only to discover that one of my very darling children had snuck a BLUE CRAYON in one of their pockets which had now gone through the HOT dryer! I was beside myself. Every last thing had blue all over it! I hurried and googled how to get it out. I'm not holding out much hope, but I am trying a few options. If anyone has any experience with this, feel free to help me out. In the meantime pray for my children so that I don't hurt one of them! :)
L'autre soir, je faisais la lessive pendant que Roland travaillait sur des chose de l'église. J'ai remplis le sèche linge avec des vêtements clairs et les blancs. Je suis allé alors retirer les vêtement seulement pour découvrir qu'un de mes enfants très chéris avait caché un CRAYON BLEUE (fait de cire) dans une de leurs poches qui venait maintenant d'avoir été au CHAUD dans le sèche linge ! J'étais terrifiée. Tous les vêtements avaient du bleu partout ! Je me suis dépêché et j'ai recherché comment nettoyer le bleu. Je n'ai pas beaucoup d'espoir, mais j'essaie quelques options. Si n'importe qui a eu une expérience avec ceci, vous pouvez m'aider. Entre temps prier pour mes enfants pour que je ne les blesse pas ! :) car je suis très déçue !

12 comments:

Shea said...

Aah! I feel for you Amie! That is a nightmare. Sorry I don't know any good tips on crayon removal. Right before Andrew was born, I washed all of his baby stuff so it would be fresh and clean. I threw in one of Greg's work shirts, and he had left a black ink pen in the pocket, which he had never done before (or after!) It got black all over the baby stuff, and I was in tears. I used hair spray, fingernail polish remover, and rubbing alcohol. It ended up not being as bad as I thought. Thankfully it mostly ruined his shirt and one crib sheet beyond repair. But I remember that feeling!!! Good luck!

Brittney said...

I have no good ideas for you, but I am feeling bad for you. I hate that! I have had my fair share of laundry mishaps and I hate it!

Tricia said...

I know what to do! I've had to do this before with crayons that Lynn puts in his pockets. J/K.

Anyway, my first solution is to throw away the clothes, or make them into rags, or a Halloween costume.

Second, if you can freeze the clothes, then chip away at the wax, maybe then you can get the stain out later with Shout or something else.

Or, turn your water heater up as high as it will go, and run the clothes through a load in the washer at the hottest setting. Maybe the rest of the crayon will melt away.

Fight fire with fire, as they say.

Karen said...

I have actually had that exact thing happen, except with a black crayon. I think I soaked everything in HOT water with BIZ. If you want to try the BIZ, come by and get mine.

Jessica said...

Ah rats! That is the worst. I have heard of putting a brown paper bag on top of the stain and then ironing it, and the crayon is supposed to come off the clothes and onto the bag. Well, good luck workin on that!

Matt, Arien, Pete and Piper said...

I have no ideas, but if you figure one out will you let me know incase I have any mishaps like that in the future:)

Holly said...

Try Goo Gone. It's a solvent product that I use on crayon all over my house. It gets it right out of all surfaces, but I've never tried it on crayon in laundry. I have tried it on other stains on laundry, however, and it's always worked. Oh man...that is really a bummer. I totally feel for you, because even if you do get it out, think of all the time you're going to have spend on it. I'm so sorry. :( :( :(

Tricia said...

I have some of that Goo Gone if you'd like to borrow it and try it out before you buy it.

Lauri said...

I'm so sorry! My aunt and uncle were traveling and did some laundry at their hotel, and someone had left a red crayon in the dryer. And like you, they were washing their whites, and unfortunately they had to go buy new underwear.

The Wards said...

I have no solution to the problem myself, but it has been interesting (and probably useful for the future) getting these many ideas from others that have commented!!!

Amie said...

thanks everyone!

Liliane said...

coucou cest mamie et papou
jespere que vous avez put ratrapper le linge autrement il faut trouver du detacheur
mais cest pas surevous nous manquer gros bisous a tous