Friday, December 12, 2008

Almost heaven...


Last night Roland and I had the opportunity to attend the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Christmas concert. It's always my most favorite event of the year (when I am blessed with tickets) and this year was definitely no exception. I could have stayed and listened to the choir, the Bells on Temple Square and invited guests, Brian Stokes Mitchell and Edward Hermann all night and still not been tired of it! "Stokes" voice is AMAZING and add the AWESOME choir to it and WOW! And Edward Hermann's story of how the hymn "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" came to be written by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow was SPELL-BINDING! Roland and I were both THRILLED with every performance and truly did not want it to end. We feel so blessed to live so close to Salt Lake City and blessed that the church makes WORLD-CLASS events like this available to the masses at no cost!
Hier soir, Roland et moi avons eu l'occasion d'assister au concert de Noël du Chœur du Tabernacle Mormon. C’est toujours mon plus favori événement de l'année (quand je suis béni avec des billets) et, cette année, a définitivement pas été une exception. J'aurais pu rester à écouter le chœur, les cloches et les invités, Brian Stokes Mitchell et Edward Hermann toute la nuit et je n’aurais pas été fatigué d'eux! "Stokes", sa voix est magnifique et ajoutée au chœur et c’était grandiose ! Edward Hermann et l'histoire de l'hymne «J'ai entendu les cloches, le jour de Noël » était incroyable! Roland et moi avons été ravis de tous les chansons et musiques et ne voulions pas que ca se termine. Nous nous sentons tellement bénis de vivre si près de Salt Lake City et bénis que l'église fait des événements de classe mondiale comme ceux-ci à la disposition des masses, sans frais!

4 comments:

Sue said...

I LOVED it so much!! It was the perfect concert in every way. The bells were heavenly... and I loved his "Jesu" arrangement! IT was so fun being with all of you.

Carrie said...

Nate and I were lucky enough to go to that when we were first married! Never forgot it! He actually brought it up the other night remembering how amazing it was! What a great way to feel and get into the Christmas sprit!

Holly said...

Lucky, lucky, lucky girl. What a fun evening to spend together. I'm guessing kids did not go? I bet if they did, it still would have kept their attention. (like you said, "spell-binding"

Brittney said...

We went last night. It was amazing and great because President Monson was there. I loved all the music. Brent and I even went on a search for the Brian Stokes Mitchell cd today. He is seriously AMAZING! I could listen to him for hours, and was shocked that we kind of did. I could not believe that it had been a two hour event, it flew by! I hope to go again, it was a super fun date night!!!