Sunday, December 7, 2008

Emilie's perspective


The other day as the kids and I were watching the end of Elder Wirthlin's funeral they asked me if all the people were sad. I told them they were sad because they would miss Elder Wirthlin. Emilie then asked if I was sad too. I told her I was to which she replied "well, I'm not sad beacause I know he's going to come back when Jesus comes!" We are so blessed with such sweet children who understand the basic truths of the gospel and have budding testimonies of their own!

9 comments:

Steve & Julie said...

So sweet. There's a reason we are supposed to try to be like the kids.

Croslands said...

What a sweet girl! But really it is all because she has such a sweet Mom as an example to her. What a lucky girl!

Sue said...

Makes me cry... you are such wonderful parents who teach the gospel perfectly. I am so grateful that sweet Emilie Sue already has such a pure testimony!

Katie said...

how sweet, I love little Emilie. This makes me melt!

Brittney said...

Soooooooo Sweet. Cute little Emilie. I just love her, that makes me just want to hug her and never let her grow up. That is a beautiful testimony.

Nicole said...

She is such a cute girl. We loved seeing you guys yesterday. Thanks for always making us feel so welcome.

Carrie said...

I do not know how people survive losing someone without the knowledge we have! We are so blessed! Emilie obviously gets it!

Karen said...

She's so sweet, and you need to take credit for that!

Holly said...

What a sweet, sweet little girl. I love how simple she put it. That picture of her is amazing as well--who is the photographer?