Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm totally going to brag here...


I can't resist! I feel so lucky to have such a great husband. Tonight after getting home from his meetings he immediately went out to shovel our driveway (he won't let me do it for him) and I am amazed at how he has stayed on top of this monumental task over the past few weeks! Once he finished (it took about a half hour) he came in for a kiss and to tell me he would be back in a little bit. I didn't have to ask where he was going. He home teaches two of the widows in our ward and he can't sleep at night if he thinks there is snow on their walkways and driveways. That's where he is now, even though I know he still has a lot of business to catch up on when he gets home. What a guy!
p.s. he'll be so embarassed when he sees this and might even try to remove it, but I just had to shout it out! I love you sweetheart!

8 comments:

Sue said...

Roland - you are the best. Thanks for your great example of service and love! We are so lucky to have you in the fam. Oh, and btw... great picture!!!

lindsay said...

aw, what a guy.

i'm glad you found your snow-shoveler, amie :)

Nicole said...

It is good to brag about your spouse once and a while. Even though it might embarrass him a little, I'm sure he will appreciate the thought.

Andrea said...

What a great guy! I agree with Nicole that it is okay to brag about our hubbys! We love them and they are wonderful so it is just fine.

(watch for my Matt-bragging...its his birthday next week)

Croslands said...

Good guy and so darn handsome!

On another note I've been catching up on the blog. ( I like to see what I'm in for the next couple of years.) My great idea is to buy and old computer or toaster from D.I. and let Eric have a screwdriver and take it apart piece by piece without smashing it to death. He might like having something he can actually take apart without getting into trouble.
Good luck.

Cherie said...

BRAG ON!! girl, he's precious and we love you both!
...Now i really know it's time to get serious about moving near you -- especially after ALL the snow dumpings this past week... then he could be away from home even longer while shoveling our driveway too!
Ha. Fortunately Calvin got on a roll right after work yesterday (and just before dark). He even got our side sidewalks all clean!

Carrie said...

Wish we could have seen more of you and your awesome husband! Miss you guys!

Tiffany Walker said...

Amie, you should come and be our neighbors and Roland will have all the time in the world because there isn't any snow! Just the occasional scraping of the windshield in the mornings. You have got yourself a good one there!