Sunday, March 22, 2009

Everybody needs...

... a little time away!
This past weekend Roland and I were able to get away with some friends to St. George. The weather was perfect and we had a great time going to the temple, shopping, golfing (just the husbands and it was Roland's first time!), hiking, eating, playing games and being with good friends. We were with some of my oldest and dearest friends that I've known since high school. They're the type of friends who lift me up and make me want to better. I always learn so much from them and am so grateful that I am lucky enough to call them my friends.
p.s. we are forever grateful to my family who took care of our crazy kids while we were gone! THANK YOU!

In the top picture we are at the Tuacahn for a concert (don't mind my puffy face! It's hopeless!) and below Roland at Red Cliffs where we did some hiking. It was beautiful!

16 comments:

goddessdivine said...

Yay for a getaway!! Glad you guys had a good time. Love the pics.

Andrea said...

Yay for vacations! I'm really happy you had such a good time.

lindsay said...

actually, my first reaction to the top picture was how UNpuffy your face looks!
you
are
beautiful.

(and Charlie makes you glow)

:)

Ammon and Tasha said...

What a fun getaway!!

Ps- your look adorable in your picture!

Nicole said...

I'm glad you were able to get away. St. George is a great place to get away to. I agree with the others. You look good in your picture.

Sue said...

Richard and I had SO MUCH FUN having a "sleepover" with the kids! They are such a crack up - we were constantly laughing at the little (Lydie)comments. They are sweet and full of love! Thanks for letting us have them for a few days:) And I am SO glad that you were able to get a way for a much needed break. Friends are such a blessing!

Devin Ann said...

Glad to hear you had so much fun! Nothing like a quick trip to destress. I agree with Linds... very cute 'non puffy' picture :)

Shay said...

I'm glad that you were able to get away and have a fun time! You guys look great! I love that first picture, very cute!

Karen said...

How fun! Glad you got away for a bit.

Brittney said...

I am glad ALSO that you guys were able to get away for a bit. Sounds like so much fun!

Zandra said...

Looks like such a fun trip!!! I'm with everyone else that you look so cute in your picture.

What a great compliment to your friends!

Macon Family said...

I'm glad you guys were able to get away and have some fun, kid free too! It's so refreshing to have great friends that build you up and you can relax with, along with loving family that will help support you and watch the kids!

Lytles said...

I'm glad you had a great weekend! Perfect time to go! I'm glad you had fun!

Holly said...

What Lindsay said about you glowing...I told you so. You really are beautiful! So stop with the "puffy". :) We had so much fun, and like Shea, I found little bags of swedish fish and "EM-and M's" in my purse today too. Miss you guys already--we'll have to do it again.

The Wards said...

How FUN!!!!!!!!!! You're right, everyone needs it - can't wait for my turn! :)

Gilbert Family said...

Isn't it great that we have our own WARM getaway so close...I love St. George! I'm glad you had a great time and I can't wait to hear more about it when we come VT today :) BTW...you really do look great!