Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone!"

 

That's what I heard from Eric's room as he was picking out his all-green outfit for school today. And, that's when I realized I had failed! All three of the kids seemed to know that today is a holiday and were dancing around the house with glee. The only problem is that I have never really been a big St. Paddy's Day person and had nothing special planned for my 3 very excited children. The only thing that saved me was that I am teaching Emilie's preschool class today and made some green cookies for it. I offered them one after helping them all get their green on. After cookies they wanted a picture taken in their green clothes. I was then "saved by the bell" because it was time for school. Now, what to do for the rest of the holiday...
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Andrea said...

My grandma would make us homemade green pancakes, homemade green syrup and then color the milk green. It was the best dinner and so much fun.

Zandra said...

We made green pancakes this morning too but I don't know about homemade green syrup- I guess I am not that domestic! Maybe you could take some time tonight to teach them why the Irish celebrate this day. Cute picture! I love that your kids get so excited about holidays.

Lytles said...

We use to have green bagles for breakfast and Lucky Charms. Good times! I liked the girls green bows! Very cute!

Misty said...

I thought I was all prepared with my dollar store plates, tablecloth and all for my green breakfast and then had to leave at 7:30 to get Tyler to his appt. I am not on my toes enough to have anything but cereal and be out the door that early. I guess we will be having breakfast for dinner.

Ammon and Tasha said...

I tried explaining to Izzy today why we were wearing green.... didnt go over too well! maybe mickey mouse will do a better job ha ha! next year I am sure she will understand it a little more so maybe I will be a little bit better prepared!

Sue said...

I'm afraid that I am to blame for your lack of enthusiasm for St. Patty day... sorry!

The Wards said...

I really want to make holidays fun for Thayne (even the small holidays), but, so far, I've procrastinated and fallen short more often than not - sometimes I set myself up for failure - oh well, I'm still trying to be better!!!

Those green cookies probably made their day!!! Maybe I'll try that later today! :)

Carrie said...

I am trying not to start one more holiday that I have to buy treats for! My kids got green cookies when they got home and corned beef and cabbage for dinner! Not too crazy but fun!

Nicole said...

Don't feel bad. Other than making sure Taylor wore a green shirt, I did nothing for St. Patty's day. I've always liked the idea of having a green breakfast, but really, who has time.

Karen said...

I didn't do a dang thing. I always think - "Oh. I'll remember and do something next year." Atleast my kids don't have much in their heads about what should happen. We even ate pancakes, but I didn't make them green. Lame Mama...