Thursday, March 5, 2009

My mommy-do list

It's no secret that I am not the world's best housekeeper. It's never been one of my strengths (that is not to say that it can't become one, or that I don't have other domestic talents!). It's obvious that is one of the reasons that Emilie was sent to me. In the past week I have heard the following from her:
"Mommy, you really need to clean the coat closet!"
"How come my room is clean and yours isn't?" (sad, but true!)
"This pantry is a mess, you need to clean it up, Mom"
"Hey Mom! I can't even walk in this laundry room, you really need to clean it."
And, when she could take it no more, I found her in the kitchen cleaning out and organizing my cabinets. Today while she was downstairs, I started in on the laundry room and when she came upstairs she exclaimed "Oh Mommy! Are you cleaning up that mess?" What would we do without our kids to help us be better? I love you Emilie Sue!
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Lytles said...

What a good girl! You're lucky to have her! She'll be a big help for you when the baby comes!

Shay said...

That is so cute! I was just thinking how funny it is that I can keep Aleah's room clean but not mine!

The Wards said...

Emilie and I must be similar - however, I talk a lot... :) She is darling!

Andrea said...

So cute!!! If we weren't selling, my house wouldn't be so clean right now. But, its taught Lexi to keep hers clean! Your Emilie is darling.

Tricia said...

She sounds like Lynn! ;) It's funny how kids develop their own personality independent from their parents.

Sue said...

A girl after my own heart! But, you are being too hard on yourself... you are doing just fine! No one has to have every room and closet perfectly clean all of the time:)

Ammon and Tasha said...

So cute! you can send her right on over to my house! :-)

Matt, Arien, Pete and Piper said...

She seems like she could be one of my kids! I guess that I am a little like that:) That is so cute that she wants to help so much.

Holly said...

That is hilarious! She is such a cutie--sounds a lot like my Isaac. Maybe they'd be good together (afterall, he is only a couple years older). :) Isaac's latest is that he wakes up, makes his bed, gets dressed, practices his piano, and then after it's all done comes in my room to wake me up and ask for breakfast. Where did he come from???

Zandra said...

So cute!!! I once heard someone say a clean house is a sign of a wasted life. But I love that she wants to help. You've taught her well.

Richard said...

Amie, I can just hear our Emilie Sue speaking to you. Too cute! She is a little organizer, that's for sure!

Love,

Richard

Croslands said...

I say if she notices it than she should clean it. Put that little darling to work. Sounds like she is the one who cares the most.

On another note, I'm so excited that you are having a boy! This little Charlie is going to be adorable, I can't wait to see pictures of him.

Misty said...

It was funny to read this after our conversation last night. It's good to know that I am not the only one being lectured by my children for a cleaner house. If only they knew how it looked before they came along!