Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Be my Valentine!

I have posted before about how much I love family traditions. One thing I always wondered was when those traditions would "catch on". Or, when would the kids realize that this is what we always do on this occasion. This year Eric has really started to remember and anticipate many of our traditions. Valentines Day was no exception. A few years ago I decided to start doing a special Valentine breakfast of heart-shaped pancakes with fresh strawberry sauce, pink yogurt and pink milk. I use boxes of conversation hearts as place cards. The week before Valentines he was asking if we would be having our special breakfast. I gotta say it warmed my heart!

p.s. If you want to see better you can click on the image to enlarge it. The picture in the middle on the bottom is my gift from Roland. It pays to be married to and OC Tanner employee on days like this! He got me a Gerbera Daisy plant (potted so it would last longer!) and a Brighton Bracelet that came in a really cute box from his work! I love my Valentine!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Brittney said...

Cute bracelet, good gift there Bishop! I cannot believe how old Eric looked in that breakfast photo. I love traditions, that sounds like fun!

Carrie said...

We have our annual v-day breakfast at our house also! The kids plan on it every year so the pressure is on! Very fun!

sidney said...

Cute traditions! You are such a great mom and so creative.

Ammon and Tasha said...

I love hearing all about your traditions! so fun!

Croslands said...

That is a good tradition and I too have been wondering when things will catch on at my house. How fun that they are understanding a little more.
Nice work Bishop!

Sue said...

Ah, traditions! The best. I'm so glad that the kids are catching on. Cute pics!