Monday, February 2, 2009

puppy dog eyes

Poor little Emilie has been sick the past few days. She is so good and never complains (I even took her to church with me, although not primary). But her eyes gave it all away (they are actually much better in the pictures!). They were puffy and so sad-looking. When she woke up with a fever, I took her in and although she was negative for strep, he throat was so swollen that she was given an antibiotic anyway (yippee!). She is really hopeful that she'll feel better by tomorrow for Eric's birthday (and so am I!).

8 comments:

Ammon and Tasha said...

There is nothing sadder than seeing your child sick! I hope she feels better too!

Carrie said...

Get better quick Miss Emilie Sue!

Nicole said...

Poor little girl. Being sick is no fun. I hope she feels better soon.

lindsay said...

oh, poor little sweetie emilie.

i like the picture of her wiping her nose.

Sue said...

Sad little sweet face. She sounded so awful on the phone today... she just has to feel better tomorrow for the birthday boy:)

Brittney said...

Being sick is the pitts. But I am glad that she is doing better. Happy Birthday Eve Eric!!!!

The Wards said...

I did notice those eyes on Sunday and it made me sad too!!!! She is so cute and that is sweet that she never complains about it! Hope she is better soon!!!

Luckily she has a super mom to help her when she isn't feeling well :)

Holly said...

I can't believe it's already Eric's birthday. Time flies! Little Emilie really does look different when she's sick. That is so sad. She is gorgeous regardless.